Centred on Christ, providing quality education, empowering students to serve and achieve.
Be acknowledged as an innovator of Christian primary education, with vibrant community partnerships.
At Bethany, we believe that the family is very important and we want to work closely with you. By working as a team and supporting one another students are assisted to achieve their best in both their work and in the way that they conduct themselves.
Our Mission and Vision:
Our RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. BE RESPECTFUL – Self and the needs of others
2. BE SAFE – provide a safe and caring environment for growth and development.
3. BE A LEARNER – growth, resilience, risk taking, collaboration, innovation, creativity, critical thinking
4. BELONG TO BETHANY – community, wellbeing, relationships
These Rights ensure a consistent approach to:
1. Encouraging good behaviour.
2. Strengthening student/staff relationships.
3. Managing inappropriate behaviour.
1. LOVE – founded on God’s relationship with us.
We love because God first loved us. We respond by extending respect, compassion and care to each other.
Developing relationships with God, others and self. Our love of self, others and learning is expressed through our attitudes and actions.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” 1 John 4:7
2. HOPE – justice, forgiveness, restoration of relationships
Hope cultivates expectation and inspires action towards a positive future. With hope, we have reason to face challenges, and accept failure. Hope is finding your identity in Christ.
“I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out-plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” Jeremiah 29:11
3. SERVE – Bethany is a community made up of individuals who strive to love and serve God and people using our gifts and talents, with hands, heads and hearts.
“So let your light shine to all people. Then they will see the good things you do. And they will praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
4. ACHIEVE – Encouraging all to fulfil their potential, recognising and celebrating achievements
All members of our community see themselves as lifelong learners, with a growth mindset.
They are encouraged and supported to be the best they can be to make a positive difference in the world.
“But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.” 2 Chronicles 15:7
Bethany as a Lutheran School also sits within the statements of Lutheran Education Queensland and Lutheran Education Australia. The publication, A Vision for Learners and Learning (LEA) was published in 2006 as a significant document describing the links between Lutheran theology, ethos, values and practices. Embedded in this document are the Lifelong Qualities for Learners (LQL), which are aspirational statements. They provide a focus for the vision that Lutheran Education Australia (LEA) has for learners and learning and Lutheran Schools.
LQL has three interrelated and interconnected parts:
The Core Statement, which refers to identity
The Values Statement, which describes core values that reflects the character of God and which people hold as they live in community
The Statement of Attributes and Abilities, which describes what people are and what they do as they contribute to communities in compassionate and productive way.
GRIEVANCE POLICY Grievance Policy 2019